Outpatient Department Opening Hours
The Outpatient Department is open from Sunday to Thursday between 7am and 3pm.
Please bring the following documents at the time of your first appointment:
- Valid Health Card
- Referral letter(s)
- Copies of your passport or ID
- Married women: Copy of passport plus proof of sponsorship (e.g : husband’s passport, employer’s letter or sponsor’s letter)
- Single women and minors: copy of guardian’s or sponsor’s passport
- Male: Copy of your passport or ID.
- Copy of a marriage certificate or other proof of marriage document with exemption for single patients (for admission to Gynecology Department)
Please bring the following documents at the time of your appointment:
- Valid Health Card
- Referral letter for additional specialty referral, if applicable
- Previous appointment cards, if applicable
On the Day of Your Appointment
We ask that you arrive half an hour before your specified appointment time to complete the following steps:
- Report in at the reception desk
- Proceed to the Cashiers’ Office to make payment and get a payment receipt. You have the option to pay by credi, debit or QNB eCASH card (which can be obtained from some QNB branches) when attending appointments to pay for some services.
- Return to the reception desk where, on receiving your payment receipt, the receptionist will release your file and you will be taken to the clinic area for your appointment
- Take a number from the Q-matic system
- Wait in the designated waiting area for your clinic until the nurse calls you or your number is displayed
- We will do our best to ensure that you are seen at your scheduled time. Our staff will keep you informed about your appointment if there is a delay
Making a Follow-up Appointment
If you need a follow-up appointment, the nurse will write your next appointment in your Appointment Card based on your doctor’s instructions. You should take this card to the reception desk to complete the registration for this appointment.
Cancelling an Appointment
There is normally a waiting list for outpatient appointments. If you are not able to come for your appointment, we urge you to let us know at least two days before the date of your appointment. This will allow us to allocate the available time to another patient. Please call us on: 40114051 or 40114106 to cancel your appointment.
Checking your Appointment Online
You can view information for any appointments that you are booked for at the HMC website here
Tests and Procedures
The doctor who sees you may recommend additional tests and procedures immediately following your appointment. The nurse will direct you to the department where you can complete these. If it is an urgent request you will have to return to the reception desk in the clinic after you finish the tests or procedures and wait to see the doctor again to discuss the results. If the tests are not urgent, the results will be placed in your medical record and your doctor will discuss them with you at your next appointment.
The Outpatient Pharmacy is located next to the main entrance to the hospital and is open from 7am to 3pm. When you take your doctor’s prescription to the pharmacy they will give you a receipt so that you can pay at the Cashiers’ Office which is very close to the Pharmacy Department. The pharmacist will explain how the drugs work and tell you about the correct dosage, the best timing for taking your medication and any possible side effects that may occur. Please feel free to ask the pharmacist any questions.